Translate This Page to Another Language

Powered By google

Thursday, November 5, 2009

Q/A: What documents should be included if you have a criminal history ?

For most petitions and applications, you will need to submit additional evidence/documents if you have been arrested, charged, sentenced, or been placed in alternative sentencing. You will want to include a "charging document" (sometimes also called a complaint, information, or traffic citation), final orders (ie what happened in the case, and some documentation that you completed any sentencing (sometimes called final disposition). Different counties, cities, and states use different terminology for the foregoing, so it is important to describe to the clerk what you are looking for.

If you have lived in different places around the U.S., it is advisable to do a national criminal history check on yourself. These are available online for a small fee. Once you have this report, which will usually include case numbers, you will then call each court clerk individually to get a copy of the file.

No comments:

Post a Comment


Submit Your Site To The Web's Top 50 Search Engines for Free! Search Engine Submission - AddMe free search engine website submission top optimization See blogs and businesses for USA